Library hours are scheduled in Central Time!
Answered By: Jenna Troidl Last Updated: Jul 08, 2020 Views: 41
How do I use Academic Writer?
Academic Writer is the official, authoritative online resource for proper use of APA Style. To use this citation management tool, you will have to create an account.
To create an account in Academic Writer:
- Visit the library homepage.
- Click on the Databases A to Z icon in the Library Resources box.
- Select APA Academic Writer from the alphabetical list.
- From the Academic Writer homepage, click on the Welcome arrow in the upper right-hand corner, and select "Log in."
- Once you are on the login page, select “Create an Account.”
- Fill out all required fields on the form and select “Create Account.”
Once you create an account, you will be able to access the following features:
- Learning Center: has quick guides and tutorials that incorporate content from the sixth edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- Reference Center: allows you to build and manage your citations in a reference library.
- Writing Center: allows you to use APA Style templates to write and My Papers library to save your research papers.
To troubleshoot technical issues in Academic Writer:
- Make sure you are using supported browsers, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Please do not attempt to use the service with Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or other alternative browsers. For more information regarding browser support for APA Academic Writer, please see the Academic Writer for PC and Mac Users.
- Review the Academic Writer: Getting Started PPT before getting started.
- If you are experiencing technical problems using this service, please contact the vendor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 374-2722.